Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What do you put on a shelf?


Here are some of my favorite photos from Ballard Designs which if you haven't heard of before you MUST check out their site and request a catalog. I've used it for years after one of my employees brought in a catalog to my store, A Touch of Country. Thanks Nancy if you are reading this!
The above photo is perfect for your own design studio, craft room, mommy escape room or whatever you may call it! They used a paper towel holder to corral pretty ribbons that are ready to be made into bows and tied on pretty packages for your friends & family. A glass jar hold paintbrushes or you could hold markers and colored pencils.

Don't have money for the fancy artwork shown above? Simply put your child's artwork in black or white frames and poof! You have one of a kind TREASURED artwork!



The above photo shows them in a kitchen. I have a sink similar to this one at the farm we are currently buying. It is sitting on an old metal base in the basement. I have been thinking of installing the sink part of it in our new laundry/mudroom.
The black shelves hold dinner plates, wine glasses and baskets of bottled beverages.
I even love the photos of silverware. Maybe I could find some old family ones and glue actual silverware to sheets of toile paper or maybe burlap fabric. Hmmm...



Here they show 2 of the same size and a small one on top. I would have never thought to do that, but I love how it looks! I really like how they left enough room to add a lamp and some topiaries. Stacks of books and more wire baskets coral odds & ends.




Here the shelves are again in the laundry room. Love the glass jar with laundry soap. I saw a jar similar at Goodwill yesterday for just a few dollars.
Jars hold clothespins and balls of jute string. Ironing spray and an iron are kept nearby and a clock to keep track of the time. Maybe time would go by fast as you iron in this pretty room!



White shelves corral office necessities...books, file folders, envelopes & journals.
So nice, neat and contained.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: