Friday, July 10, 2009

Natalie's Buttery Herbed Baked Fish

Here is a recipe I love to serve my family. We even made it last weekend over the open fire grill at our campground site.

Bake in the oven, or bake over your campfire in a cast iron skillet.

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2/3 cup saltine crackers, crushed
1/3 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
1 lb. fish fillets (if frozen then thaw, separate and drain)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small dish, melt butter. In another dish, combine other ingredients except for fish.

Dip fish fillets into melted butter and then into crumb mixture, coating each piece of fish on both sides.

Arrange in a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake near center of oven for 25-30 minutes or until flaky. I sometimes throw the extra crumb mixture in the pan to bake as it is so good!

Serves 2-3 people.

Of course---I double this recipe!

3 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for stopping by-this sounds so yummy. I have a huge piece of salmon, maybe I can make this on the grill this weekend.
Sorry to hear it is raining-no fun. Down here in Florida it rains for 2-3 hours just about every day, because we are in rainy season. It then clears out. I can't say the sun comes out because sometimes it is raining and sunny all at the same time. The sun dries everything up and it is bright and sunny and HUMID. Rain down here is not like the midwest where it gets dark and gloomy-very different. I hope you have a great weekend.
Cheri

Brooke Meyenberg said...

Wow, this sounds like the perfect summer grill recipe. Great share.
I think I might have to give it a go this evening! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That sounds so good. I am going to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

I hope your summer is going well!

XOOX
Jen